Hi Charles, all!

I take the chance to bring in some propsals, but first ...

Am Dienstag, den 01.02.2011, 09:32 +0100 schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
Hello Christoph,

Le Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:58:57 +0100,
Christoph Noack <christoph@dogmatux.com> a écrit :
Am Montag, den 31.01.2011, 11:02 +0100 schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
Le Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:02:34 +0930,
Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au> a écrit :
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Unless I'm misstaken we have no actual plans to redesign the
website in any substantial way for at least 6 months...

There is always room for improvement, and as we seem to have the
vibrancy and resources I would love to see the website team step
up and do what they do best. [...]
[...]
But a proposal nevertheless: why not picking one or two of those
requests ...
[...]

I am sorry Christoph but as much as I was in agreement with you for
most most of the thread, I understand your proposal as going back to a
situation where we have to organize and answer to ideas always leading
to a constant redesign of the website (did I understand that
correctly?), and here I would have to strongly disagree. I don't think
that "launching" people on specific projects that have one chance over
10 or over 50 to be even considered is the right thing to do after the
difficulties we had had these past months, and it would be wiser to
have people participate in UX/Design, QA, etc. or clarify that they're
welcome to contribute to the website, but keeping in mind we don't
currectly consider make-overs of the website.

Good points, since it helps me to clarify some things. So basically, I
welcome incremental improvements - not a total makeover of the website.

What I had in mind was ...

I am not sure who you are referring to by 'we', but these plans
were discussed at length on the recent conference call, and the
team has people who are willing to get on board and help out
'now'.

If this is also true for other topics, there is plenty of stuff that
can bring much value to the community!

... that I heard several requests that still seem to be unanswered - or
maybe I'm not aware of.

Example QA: The team asked for test installations for managing test
cases, e.g. LimeSurvey or something like Mozilla Litmus. Concerning the
former, some of the Brazil people seemed to be involved - but I don't
know the status.

Example SC: There has been the question whether we should pay for Doodle
to arrange some of the calls. In my opinion, it would have been nice to
check the open-source alternatives ("Make Meeting for Drupal"?). Andreas
had also some ideas ...

Example SC/Community: We'll get more and more requests for polls and
decisions (upcoming foundation structures), so a good survey tool will
help - also for Marketing. Again, LimeSurvey would be helpful for that.

Example Design Team: Not officially stated, but I thought about trying
the Image Annotator ... see:
http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/index.php?i=Freemedia_Mailer_Type_A_Up

I'm sure there is much more we can do ... and I think it would be
beneficial to start with something which is (not yet) "mission
critical" ;-)

Charles, does this sound better?

Cheers,
Christoph