I don't know JavaScript. Maybe I'll work on the UI DB, but I don't know if it's a job for me.

--
Kristoffer

Den 29/01/2011 kl. 17.10 skrev Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com >:

H Kristoffer, *,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM, kristoffer.hansen
<kristoffer.hansen@stofanet.dk> wrote:
Sorry. I meant user things and so on. For example if we need some kind of testimonials, I could help integrate it with a DB - and maybe with the forum if we wanted that.

For forums, we won't create yet another one as there are already
enough user-focused forums..

And regarding database-integration: the silverstripe CMS has a nice
design, so creating dataobjects, etc is fairly straightforward. To get
an idea have a look at the basic example here:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/old/recipes:example_of_quotes_on_a_page
i.e. for use within silverstripe, you don't need to deal with the
database itself.

That being said: the developers/localizers would love to see a system
that allows to query only for the UI strings (think of opengrok only
for the stings displayed in the UI)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks#Web_improvements

and of course they'd love to see a nice interface to the bugtracker.
(also mentioned on the page).

If that are things for you, then please go ahead :-)

the other point that is mentioned is to "spice up" the download page
that now only features the downloads as links, but that is more a
question of applying the corresponding javascript, thus might not be
challenging enough :-))

ciao
Christian