2011.01.27 00:50, Michael Wheatland rašė:
While trying to structure the content for the Apple Mac installation
instructions I have been trying to develop a layout that works well
with the large number of images and small quantity of text.
To do this I was going to use tables.

Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
nothing happens.

Dropping the editor part, I don't think a table is semantically the best thing to use for that. Let's say your text is split into paragraphs and some paragraphs are illustrated by images. In this case, here's what you could do for that to look right: 1) put the image in the very beginning of each paragraph, float it right, and add a left margin of say 20px 2) for each paragraph that you want to fall below any images in the previous paragraphs, add a clear:right style attribute

I understand that it's perhaps not possible to achieve easily through the WYSIWYG editor (without manually editing HTML code), but even changing it wouldn't help much. And don't be too optimistic – they all have their cons and pros. The reason why I think Christian refuses to even discuss changing the WYSIWYG editor in use is because most CMS'es tune the editor they supply by default to achieve greater integration with it. Christian has repeatedly stated that there's a requirement to easily link to other pages within the same website, and this is the reason why he's reluctant.

One way to make adding nicely styled images easier I think would be to simply specify a few base classes in the CSS (or maybe they are already specified?). E.g., there could be a class that floats right and adds a left margin, and a second class which clears right.

HTH
Rimas