Hi Christoph,

1. When I edited the pages, often the editor would not work where the cursor is, but 2-3
character away. [...]

I can confirm this absurdly infuriating behaviour. [...]
I have experienced this behaviour with Firefox and Mac OSX 10.6.6.

OK, so seems to be related to Firefox, I'm using chromium and didn't
have this effect yet.
What you might see is that when you save, the page is reloaded and
that repositions the cursor, but when the page is finished loading, I
never experienced an offset.

No this is before AND after saving. Very consistent.. Very tiring.

I might add that I haven't yet found a way to ask for someone else to
review a change that I have saved. If you have editing and publishing
rights, then you don't seem to be able to refer a change for review to
someone else. Perhaps I just don't know where to look.

Again this is wrong, Even as Publisher (and as Administrator as well),
you have the option to either bypass the workflow by saving and
publishing, or doing it in the two-step process.

I already have the publishing rights. So I can save OR publish it myself.
In both conditions, the diff should be available straightaway.
Clearly, the GUI is not intuitive.

I do know about the two-stage and three-stage processes.

But then there is the third possibility of multiple authors working on the same page.
Each saves the page and leaves it for the other. When the next author comes in, he has to check the
previous changes and then continue.
Note that unless all authors are happy, we will not publish the page.
This workflow is a frequently encountered scenario.

I.e. save, then request publication, as an editor would have to do.
You can do this as publisher as well. Then you got the Workflow tab
that shows the changes and has the controls to add a comment, to
accept or reject the request.

This is unnecessarily complicated.
In a peer-level multiple author scenario, the subsequent author should not be accepting or
rejecting what is done by the previous author(s).
He should just make his own changes and save.
Then the GUI should be able to show any version vs any other diff.

Save, then you got the additional request publication option

Regards,
Narayan