On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 20:44 -0500, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-01-22 16:14, Christoph Herzog a écrit :
Not sure whether this is the right place to send this.
The place you are guided to, when clicking on "Get more extensions
online..." in the Extension Manager Dialog leads to
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List.

If I understand correctly only truly open source licensed extensions are
listed there. However one important and known extension is missing:
Bookmarks Menu.
It has no license specified but seems to be in the public domain.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/license/452 specifies:
"Bookmarks menu is based on the idea of Malte Timmermann's Favorites Menu.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/Samples/StarBasic/Office/Fa...
BookmarksMenu extension is distributed under the same license.
License: None - Treat this as sample code, feel free to reuse"

The code by Malte Timmermann is given at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/Samples/StarBasic/Office/Favorites-Menu.
It specifies:

"Programming Language: StarBasic
Author: Malte Timmermann, 2006
License: None - Treat this as sample code, feel free to reuse"

I interpret this as both pieces of software being in the public domain.
Bookmarks Menu is quite a good extension and has received some attention
(e.g. http://www.heise.de/software/download/bookmarks_menu/64493). It
would be a pity to exclude it from the LibreOffice extensions list.

I have checked it with LibreOffice RC 3.3.0.4 and it seems to work.
Is there any hindrance to include it to the list of free extensions for
LibreOffice?

Hi Christoph

Yes, the FSF.

Christoph

Hi Christoph:

He seems to have all kinds of accounts on the web. Why not ask if he
could publish the extension in a licence that would allow us to put on
our extension wiki page. It looks like he works for OOo Oracle.

@Marc - The author of the extension is not Malte. If you must, just ask
hanya to declare a license in a comment to the listing at the
OpenOffice.org extension site.

Thanks

drew