Hi David,

This is the first installment. :)

1. The LGPL license for LibO (http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/license/) is not related to the
organization.
   It can be moved to the "Download" section.
   Also, place a hyperlink from the Home page (linked from the words "open source")

2. On the http://www.libreoffice.org/features/base/ page, more screenshots can be added to show the
table/query/view design.

3. IMHO there are some issues with the LibreOffice logo and branding.
    I had posted these issues when I reviewed Mike's version, and later I have sent an email to
Italo.
    It would be better if he takes his final call at this stage.

4. The description for Base should be changed to match the description styles of other components.
    Compare "Dynamic Data Delivered" for Base with "A Spreadsheet That Meets Any Need" for Calc.
    (A better version would be "A powerful front-end for multiple databases")

5. I think the help page http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/ should be turned into a table,
because it has distinct attributes.
   I could make that table. Let me know...

6. The "System Requirements" page is placed under "Get help" group.
     It should be placed with the "Download" page, under the same group.

7. The FAQ has a question on How to install LibO. It jumps to-
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/faq/general-faq/how-do-i-install-libreoffice/

If you click on Windows link there, it again jumps to yet another dummy page-
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/#Installing_Libreoffice_on_Windows
But this page is not the real "installation instructions for windows" page.
It has three links for Win, Mac and Linux (why once again?).
When you click on the "Windows" link, you get the actual page-
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/windows/

The page in the middle of that chain should be removed.

8. Instead of linking the screenshot to download page, can we link the switch to all six components?
   Also, switch a part of the description to match the changing screenshots.
   For example, when the visitor clicks on the Calc screenshot, he lands on
http://www.libreoffice.org/features/calc/ page.

9. The home page paragraph is too short and skips over several topics.
    It may need more tabs to cover all merits (with more topical screenshots) of LibO.

10. Different target users have different interests. So we should use those keywords to describe
the product.
     The following is not fully ready text, but someone can easily make the final text with it.

Govt-> word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, database designer. Open code that can
be inspected (no security threat), covers all office work, already available in x world languages,
more translation possible easily (can we offer turn-key projects for new languages?), ISO/IEC
26300-compliant ODF protects from obsolescence of protocol- The files can be kept in records for a
long time and still be readable in future.

Teacher/Student-> word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, database designer. Becauase
of LGPL, LibO can be freely used, copied, modified for local uses and distributed.
            No license costs (even download costs are shared amongst copies). Students can use LibO
code to hone their own programming skills. Free templates for thesis, books, lesson-plans, etc.
(LibO should bundle more of these templates.)

Business (small->enterprise) --> word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, database
designer; conversion to pdf to make documents unalterable (read-only);  Mass-mailing and
mass-emailing allows contacting clients with minimal effort; compatible with other office packages
and legacy documents (LibO is supposed to have an edge over OOo. Can we mention ALL brands and old
versions of Office that are compatible??). No licensing costs. Low cost: Just one download can
serve the entire organization. Huge ecosystem (mention the number of service-providers and the
variety of service they provide); guaranteed service (mention support organizations). No delays in
retyping, no errors. (Add the benefits of XML-based documentations...). Compatibility with DTP
(Scribus) helps you make professional printed documents and brochures. Allows collaborative
documentation with virtual teams spread around the world.

Businesses may be worried about four aspects: Guaranteed license, authentic high-quality training,
how to get certain features immediately, and high-quality support. We should reassure them on these
fronts by introducing an ecosystem that has TDF-approved training-providers and qualified/Certified
support personnel. How about offering to run sponsored projects to develop certain features ahead
of time (but where the code remains open source)?

Home/SoHo ->  word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics. Only download cost, can be
freely used on multiple computers, no license hassles.

We should also explore (and exploit) open source products that are complementary, and are designed
to work with LibO.
Together, they may be adding a lot of value for specific customer segment.

One external example is Blender and MakeHuman, and multiple renderers (e.g. LuxRender).
We should find such products and point them out to the users.
The chain could be on "export" side or "import" side. e.g. export an article to mediawiki.

(For each user class, a different set of applications would be useful.)

Regards,
Narayan