Hi Danishka, *,

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Danishka Navin <danishka@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Christian Lohmaier <
lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com <lohmaier%2Booofuture@googlemail.com>>wrote:
On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka@gmail.com>
wrote:
[sorting of the languagedropdown on download-page]
please do not take the locale name but localcode (lang-Country)
that is the part not localized

for example;

si-LK  is the langcode for Sinhala
if we set the dropdown by order of langcode every one can see there language
as the langcode order and every lancode is redable.

But the question is: Will people know what the iso-code for their language is?

as we all know the web site is going to be localized.
So, in the English content page default package should be English.

The default is whatever the browser's language is, the default is not
tied to the locale of the page.
The browser's UI usually reflect the UI preference of the user,...

Hope you got my point :)

I hope you get mine as well (for the user there should be no need to
switch to another language hopefully - if detection fails, then please
tell me so). The user definitely knows the name of the language, but
might not know the iso-code.

And for people who want to download more than one language, I suggest
to expand the list below the selection (which then is sorted by
iso-code)

In the end, it is only a small change, I hoped that other people would
post their opinion on this..

ciao
Christian