Hi Michael,

Firstly could I start by saying that the beta website is not yet ready
for people to start contributing to it, so can we use the existing
infrastructure to discuss and comment on development. This includes
the mailing list and the wiki.

Actually I did give a thought about it: My list is only a transitory TODO list for a site that is
well understood to be WIP. The suggestions have no permanent value, in fact. They are to be used as
scaffolding for a building: Once the building is erected, just dismantle the scaffolding; and start
using the building for its permanent use. Similarly, once the site is ready, just throw away the
temporary contents.

When the product is ready, a clean installation would be done on different servers, isn't it?

That's why I posted them on your site.

I have moved your comments over to the wiki and deleted them off the
development site as we wish to make it clear that the site hosted at
libreofficeaustralia.org is under HEAVY development and nowhere near
ready for real content or public eyes.

I have a feeling that you think we are further along the development
path than is actually the case. The theme is not yet developed and
there is no real content on the site, just placeholders for the site
structure. A lot of effort is going into workflows and systems in the
back end of the site to ensure the interactive parts of the site work
including the development and approval process for designs,
documentation, marketing tools, etc.

Well, unless you have posted the entire scheme (sitemap) somewhere, how would I know about it?
I went through the "Requirements" pages, but there are no marketing/docs requirements listed.

So anything that I expect but don't find in the website seems to be a missing feature.
So it is better if we have a sitemap (site structure+navigation) and a ToDo list (finer
aspects/features).
That will also make it clear whether all stakeholder needs are met.

At the wiki, the status for Drupal site reads: "Testing site online and development has begun"

That's why I went ahead and started my review. Early feedback will only help development.

I have also sent a private email to you that I will be reviewing your site using usability
checklists.

So I think I have not done anything out of line.

Please don't take this response as being rude as I have simply tried
to highlight the areas which have already been suggested and are under
development or being tackled by another team.

Sure! No offense taken! (I hope this goodwill is reciprocal).

As I have wrote earlier, I will play multiple roles.
I have played reviewer role. Now I will contribute contents too.

Regards,
Narayan