On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Michael Wheatland
<michael@wheatland.com.au> wrote:
2010/12/6 Samuel Gómez <fuljencio@gmail.com>:
Hi all,

I am Samuel, and I would like to help the website team with the download page.

I have skills with PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

In particular, I would like to help the team to create the best
download page a software can have.

To that purpose I think in two abstract goals:
- For users, the page should be transparent.
- For developers, the page should not require maintenance.

So, I would be glad to help you achieving these goals as much as possible.

I'll create a new thread to talk more in detail about the download page.

Thank you.

Samuel,
It is great to see someone with these skills come to the community. As
for the download page, as well as tackling the SilverStripe page it
might be good to get involved with the Drupal based website that will
replace the test.libreoffice.org site early next year.

It would be fantastic if we could write a Drupal module which is
dedicated to providing download options for libreoffice based on our
FTP structure as well as provide a distributed download option
(torrent).

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland
LibreOffice Drupal website development team

Excellent. I had some intense experience with Drupal last summer. Not
so intense regarding modules, but I'll learn more about them.

Do you have a Drupal installed somewhere for testing?

--
"Make sure that Office documents very well depends on PROPRIETARY IE
capabilities."