Hi Drew, all

(I'd like to have a follow-up on the website list - please remove marketing@LibO when replying, if you are subscribed there too)

I've been told when I asked for access to marketing.libreoffice.org that this area is not going to become active, because there has been a decision on the structure I haven't been involved and I don't know if this is an official decision of TDF or the website team:

The website should only contain information for our users, while all other content - for contributors, community activities and anything else - should be presented at the wiki.

http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/msg00925.html

drew schrieb:
[...] it appears to me, that there is good progress for
the different NL pages, but the international pages are lagging.

So - looking over the ML, wiki, various test sites - it's not that we
are lacking ideas, there are wire frames, color schemes and lots of
legacy content.

Let me simply ask: How do folks here want to proceed?

I'd rather like to see official marketing and design material (for journalists, contributors, designers, website admins and so on) on the website, while material waiting for official approval, drafts and ideas should be hosted on the wiki.

This would allow creative activity in the wiki while keeping a consistent branding in the way and the resources we communicate to the outside.

Of course we don't need to call the website area "marketing" or "design", perhaps "resources" or a dedicated tab in "download" might be appropriate.

The present area "trademark" on the "Project" tab seems not to be the right place in my eyes.

I imagine not only logos, but web buttons and banners, posters and handouts, presentation templates (stating "created with LibreOffice") and other material to be used by users and promoters (the press kit could be placed there too IMHO), while more resources can be reached after logging in: branding elements, templates for official project presentations, business cards (stating "LibO community member" after approval as contributor) and so on.

Christoph, would like to take a little time still to look at the basic
questions: Who we are expecting as the sites users? What do we want to
offer them?

Ok, good questions sure.

I would like to suggest we focus our attention and actions, for the
moment, to the website we will be going live in a few weeks.

+1

Anyone want to jump here and kick it off?

Even if I don't have much time, that's the area I already wanted to start during the last weeks.

Any help is highly appreciated!

But at first we should decide on the structure.

Best regards

Bernhard