Hi Carlos,

2010.11.18 11:40, Carlos Jenkins rašė:
As I stated before, I want to configure a Drupal prototype with Localization
server module for Drupal, that is the one that empowers
http://localize.drupal.org/, as a possible LibreOffice translation tool
totally integrated with the Drupal website (user base, login, roles, etc).

I'm still a little occupied working on a graphic design proposal for the
website with the other members of the Drupal development team (will be ready
soon!), but when over I really want to get into this. I was a little lost
some week ago trying to figure out how to translate LibO, I thought I needed
to hook the /build/po/<lang>.po with the translation UI. But, finally, with
the today announce of LibO 3.3 beta 3 I found out this documentation:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3

<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3>:D
Now, I do have a more general idea. So, the purpose of this e-mail is to
know if there is someone on this mailing list that know If I'm on the right
way.

Assumptions:

1. As stated on the previous documentation link, there is a Git hook that
merges the lo-build.pot (if that file has changed) with all the .po files on
each commit. I'm right?

So, what we need to do is:

1. Copy all the current lo-build-<lang>.po from the repository to a folder
where webserver has write access (for example
/var/www/community-translations/)
2. Hook the Drupal UI to those .po files.
3. Configure a cron job that do a checkout of the git repository, merges all
the repository lo-build-<lang>.po files (which has the added strings after
each commit thanks to the git hook) with those translated during that day by
the community (again, in, for example, /var/www/community-translations/) and
then do a commit of the resultant lo-build-<lang>.po with a commit message
like "Synchronization with the translated strings from the Localization
server"

Opinions, corrections, threats (jejeje)?

I think this subject is pretty much on the border between website and l10n mailing lists. You may want to keep l10n informed too,

Also, the information on the wiki page is likely to change post 3.3. AFAIK, the plan is to begin hosting (and working on) full localization ourselfes after the release, instead of having just the diff.

Also, I'm not sure if you know, but we already have a web-based L10n interface at http://translations.documentfoundation.org/. I wonder if you could perhaps make some formal comparison of Pootle and the Drupal Localization module, and point out which one and why is better in your opinion.

Regards,
Rimas