Hi everyone,

We think the editor of the Drupal site is ready, please could this kind
community
give a try and give us feedback :D

The main page is here:

http://libreofficeaustralia.org/richeditortest/rich-editor-test-book

Please leave all the formats so we can continue testing on this page.

So can create as many you want childs for testing here:

http://libreofficeaustralia.org/node/add/re-test?parent=1275

Things to consider:

- Full HTML is not allowed, the tags, attributes and even inline CSS styles
were
configured, so, if you observe that the filter is taking out a generated
style
please let us know.
- I've selected and grouped buttons on what I think is a good balance
between
website security and usability of the editor. Please, if you need some other
functionality
let us know.
- The caption and upload image feature (se below) are javascript , so not
avalaible
on configurations with javascript disabled.
 - The CSS of the images blocks and the little magnifying glass was a quick
thing,
I know it's not perfect.

Features of the editor:

- Well most of you can see. Everything should work.
- You can resize the image (changing width and height), and a filter
 actually resizes the image and, if resized, the image links to the
original.
- If you put a title to and image a caption below of the image will appear.
 - If you don't want a caption to appear you can remove the title of the
image
or remove the "caption" class of that image. Double click >> Advanced >>
Classes
 - The link button now has the abilitty to link easilly to internal content.

Known bugs:

- Inserting an image in Firefox shows a broken image. If you preview or
 disable/enable the editor the image appears. This is a bug in CKEditor:
http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/5218 (Upstream bug)
 http://drupal.org/node/725154 (Drupal bug)
- The option "Cleanup styles on standard paste" is enabled, but it's not
 working for some reason. I'll check that later, until now, you will have
to use the "Remove format" button when copying for another web to remove
 the formmating or use the button "Paste as text".
- In-editor live image resize doesn't work on Chromium, but works on
 Firefox. You can resize an image on Chromium by double clicking on it
and changing the values of heigth/width. Ironically, you can not resize
 an image in the live resizer on Firefox because of bug 1.

Pending:

- A more user friendly link to files. Right now you can upload files and
 create a link, but is not so user friendly.
- I haven't defined a criteria for the search of internal linking, so
everything
 shows up. Try typing "Libre" to see it work.
- Lightbox on click on a image?

Notes on implementation:

- I've tested a lot of modules for image handling in Drupal:

Image Assist http://drupal.org/project/img_assist
Image browser http://drupal.org/project/imagebrowser
WYSIWYG Image Upload http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg_imageupload
IMCE http://drupal.org/project/imce

And discarted all of them. At the end, I implemented a custom image upload
as explained here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLB9-1t_mrE

That includes the modules:
cck, imagefield, transliteration, image_resize_filter, insert, image_caption
and lightbox

I've updated this page to reflect the current state:
 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal_Modules#User_interface

Now, some sleep.

Cheers

--