Le 2010-10-22 16:34, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :

I don't know if we need such formal decisions on groups and teams.
I think what we had at the OOo lists worked quite well: People known for
their amount of active contribution have been heard by the majority of
list members,

So, in a sense you did have a formal Website membership set up that only seasoned members knew about, but to a new person, that membership was invisible. To me, it would seem clearer to members if the TDF/LibO Website Team membership list was visible and then the new member would clearly know who spoke with authority, this would provide more clarity. If that new member or any member for that matter really wanted to take part in a more tangible way, she/he would join. It would still not stop the rest of the community from having our say. We would then have no problem leaving the final decision to the TDF/LibO Website Team membership.

 so their opinion was more important than comments from
"newbies".

Hmmm ... Not sure if I would agree with this. I am a "newbie" so am I to understand that my help and discussion on this thread is considered less than yours or others. I have never heard of you and don't even know if you speak with authority and there is nowhere to read if you are new or a seasoned member. If I am asked to contribute and then told that my vote is less in the end, then why would I contribute at all? If I knew of a list of registered members of the TTDF/LibO Website Team, then I would know that my opinion will be heard but that the core Website team will decide. Wouldn't that work better?

And in the most cases discussions end with some kind of agreement on the
best way to go.

If they are decided as you describe, well maybe, we, as a group, should try to rethink it. There should be more clarity for the whole of the membership. I am not sure if you can have a cooperative group of people when you work this way.

If not, this could become a topic for the central foundation board - now
the Steering Committee, later on replaced by a group of voted members
from the different areas of the community.

Best regards

Bernhard