Hi, Im new here and I would like to add few comments to the website of libreoffice.

From the standpoint of somebody who hear about libreoffice and wants to find some info:

1. When you google for libreoffice the results are quite confusing. Try „libreofice homepage“.
First result:

   Request: LibreOffice (OOo fork) | PortableApps.com - Portable
   (Homepage) - September 30, 2010 - 10:51am. And for anyone wondering about timing , LibreOffice
is based on the OO.o 3.3 build, which is still ...
   portableapps.com/node/25074

If you look on remaining results, you dont know what link you should follow. I would expect that
your site will be on first position.

2. If you google for „libreoffice“ - first result is what he want, but it is confusing. The term
„document foundation“ is confusing. Such man is looking for strings like „libreoffice homepage“, or
site adress like „libreoffice.org“ or so on.
So my first comment is make it esier to find you... and let the user know he just found what he was
looking for.

  So let look at your site now.

First think an visitor will see (notice) is the header - „Document foundation“. Again, as I wrote
above, I believe you should make more obvious that this is HOMEPAGE of libreoffice. Yes there is
download button, but this still doesnt mean that this site is that homepage.

Insert link to download section to upper menu. Once you are not on welcome „tab“, you can not go
directly to download section

In download section – please mention version number of current download. Yes, you might have only
one, but you should have listed there exact number and date of issuing. Because if I come there
next time, how should I know if the current version for download is still the same that the one i
have  installed on my PC?

WHY libreoffice? This is question a common random user will ask. What are differencies to official
openoffice? Can you list some? Or any reason why bother with your office? Your project is young,
all right, so differencies might be few, than mention at least some goals. Try to be semi-technical.

Roadmap – do you have any? Will there be another betas? What is expected frequency of production
versions? Goals for versions....

So enough for now, I hope this mail will make no bad feelings. I really wish succes to your
project.
Good or bad website can make a lot of differencies.

Regards

Tibor B.