Hi Andreas, *,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de> wrote:

I would suggest to evaluate the CMS Plone 4. It has an translation workflow inside.
You can customize the rights of every user /group inside the CMS.

There is a testsite available at http://demo.plone.org.
If necessary I can provide another testsite.

Yes, that's closer to something usable in the demo, although it still
feels very, very restricted as to how you can define a structure. (and
I didn't find any translation feature)

You can create pages with different language, but there seems no way
to link them.

I created a demo-page that mimics the current style (but no
browser-compatibility checks) with silverstripe:
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/
There you'll get "Available tranlations of this page: French German"
that are dummy pages to demonstrate what I mean. Not only are those
links managed automatically (for example
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/contact/ just has one translation), but
it is also reflected in the CMS itself.
(please also ignore the ugly vertical navigation on the french version
and its suppages, that was just added to test/check the breadcrumbs
generation)

It was no problem to replicate the LO/download page's screenshot-fade
and no hurdle to add the paypal form on
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/contribute/

Setting up the clone did did require creation of a custom
page-template, but that was easy, but again a point that shows why the
default demo-pages just do justice to the other tools).

And on the faq-page, I enabled comments.

ciao
Christian