[libreoffice-users] Date acceptance patterns and date/time fields

For many years my filing has used a kind of 'modified-ISO' 12-digit date/time pattern: YYYY-MMDD-HHmm. Advantages are that it is compact, easily read, sorts and is a valid filename string in all OS.

Writer has very flexible field formats, giving the option to format Date fields as YYYY-MMDD, Time fields as HHmm, and either Date or Time fields as YYYY-MMDD-HHmm -- so it has everything I want, with complete flexibility to format as needed.

Calc appears to be not flexible, but seems to use strict ISO formatting for Date (YYYY-MM-DD) and Time (HH:mm:ss) fields. /Within cells/, of course, there is flexibility to format Date and Time as desired.

Draw also appears to be not flexible, but uses /different/ formatting for Date (MM/DD/YYYY) and Time (HH:mm:ss AM|PM). This seems to be the worst of all possible choices, because the formats are neither strict ISO nor as I would like.

With that context, I have these questions:

(Q1) If I go to Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages - Language Of - Date acceptance patterns,
the field is populated with:
Y-M-D;M-D;M/D/Y;M/D
which are apparently associated with Language Settings - Languages - Language Of - Locale setting. Is that correct?

(Q2) IAC, the "Date acceptance patterns" do not explain the Date or Time field behavior of either Calc or Draw (although the "M/D/Y" option in that string may relate to Draw's "(M)M/(D)D/YY" format).
Should the "Date acceptance patterns" affect the Calc or Draw field formats? If not, what is the source of the Date and Time formats in those modules?

Moreover, if I try to add to the "acceptance patterns" (to add "YYYY-MMDD", and possibly other formats), the field immediately turns red and will not accept additions. [BTW: If I try to enter the new format in lowercase, LO crashes immediately, but that's a separate problem for which I will check the bugs and file if needed.] So I can't try any additional formats to see the effect (if any) on Calc or Draw. This raises two questions with regard to "Date acceptance patterns":

(Q3) How should this field behave when one attempts to add formats (as the Help says one may)?
(Q4) Is there some comparable setting for Time formats?

John