Comments inline:

On 7/31/20 20:14, zed wrote:
Thank you to all the members who replied so promptly to my request for help.  It is very much appreciated.

One member sent me advice of another method to achieve what I wanted and I am delighted to say it worked and I now have a database with the fields I need, with one Table and one Form. I'm delighted with what I have achieved but have a couple of queries.

I have a field named "Location" in which I enter the declared location of a Youtube channel owner. In Calc, the name of a Location is remembered and if I start typing it again it automatically appears.  It doesn't happen in Base. Is there a way to "auto-complete" in Base?
You can accomplish this using a list box. It is somewhat limited in that the  table linked to this box contains all of the locations. (A combo box is suppose to do this, but this is not always working correctly.)

One other thing I am having difficulty with,because of my current lack I used it for the first time this morning and have come across a small problem.of knowledge of databases, is how to sum a column of figures.

I have a field named "No." and another named "First" and I want to choose a start date from the field "First" and get the sum of the numbers in the field "No"  Is this possible, please?

For this I recommend a query. The two fields for it would be "No" and "First". For "No", select the function "sum". For "First", its criterion should be:  >mm/dd/yy where this is the start date. Make sure that the "First" column does NOT have a check mark for visibility.

There is now a Base User Guide. (6.4) which should be able to answer your questions. This mailing list has people to answers questions as well. You can download the entire guide or individual chapters; ODT and PDF

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Base_Guide

Dan

Regards from New Zealand on a very cold but fine winter's afternoon,

Zed