[libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC

Thank you for your responses.
I am testing using a database with a single table created with the mysql
command line client. This table has 3 fields, an auto-incrementing primary
key, and two fields each defined as varchar(50). The table was defined
using the mysql command line client, and then 3 records were inserted into
the table. I also used the mysql command line client to ensure that I
could retrieve all 3 records using the command:
select * from test1;

I do not have a /etc/my.cnf file.

The only line that is not a comment in my /etc/mysql/my.cnf file is:
!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/

I should also mention that I am using XAMPP for the installation of MySQL
and that this has also installed an apache web server and PHPMyAdmin which
are all working correctly. Should this make any difference to the way that
LibreOffice connects via the JDBC connector?

PHPMyAdmin reports the server as:

- Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
- Server type: MariaDB
- Server connection: SSL is not being used [image: Documentation]
<http://localhost/phpmyadmin/doc/html/setup.html#ssl>
- Server version: 10.4.6-MariaDB - Source distribution
- Protocol version: 10
- User: michael@localhost
- Server charset: cp1252 West European (latin1)

Is this a hint that sockets are being used and not port 3306 that
LibreOffice is expecting? If so, how should I fix this?
cheers
Mike
email: michaelgmanning@gmail.com