[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- From: Alexander Thurgood <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:22:09 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Le 27/07/2020 à 09:06, Michael Manning a écrit :
> Issues arise when attempting to create a new database within Libreoffice.
> When I test connecting to a database, I get the following error message:
> SQL Status: 08S01
> Communications link failure
> The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
> driver has not received any packets from the server.
As Robert has indicated, could you be clearer on what you mean by
"creating a new database within LibreOffice ?"
(1) trying to create a new database schema from within a running LO
instance ? As Robert has mentioned, you can't actually do this, the DB
schema needs to be created from the msyql command line or an alternative
GUI tool (such as e.g. phpmyadmin) ;
(2) trying to connect to an existing mysql DB schema, and receiving the
error message you have indicated ?
The error message itself might be slightly misleading, as this is
usually displayed when you can not even connect to the mariadb/mysql
What does your /etc/mysql/my.cnf or /etc/my.cnf contain next to :
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC||Michael Manning <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC||Michael Manning <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC