[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- From: Michael Manning <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:06:56 +1000
- To: LibreOffice <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am trying to connect Libreoffice to MariaDB databases.
I am using the following configuration
- Linux Mint 19.2,
- MariaDB - Server version: 10.4.6-MariaDB and have connected successfully
via the mysql command line, and via PHPMyAdmin to create databases, tables
and to successfully search these tables.
- LibreOffice Version: 184.108.40.206 Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.10
- Java version openjdk 11.0.7 2020-04-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04, mixed
- the JDBC connectors from either MySQL or MariaDB. These have included
from MySQL connector versions: 5.0.3, 5.1.36, 5.1.49 and MariaDB connector
versions: 1.5.9, 2.5.4, and 2.6.1. When these are configured in the Java
CLASSPATH, these drivers are loaded successfully.
Issues arise when attempting to create a new database within Libreoffice.
When I test connecting to a database, I get the following error message:
SQL Status: 08S01
Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the server.
I am not sure what to test/check next. I have spent quite a while
searching for answers to this issue but have not yet turned up a solution.
Is anyone connecting to MySQL/MariaDB databases using Linux and JDBC
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC||Alexander Thurgood <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC||Robert Großkopf <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: version control of sorts: it is gone?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] online conversion docx to odt, headless or not
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Connecting libreoffice to MySQL/MariaDB via JDBC