[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Copying data from Calc to Base...
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Copying data from Calc to Base...
- From: "Paul D. Mirowsky" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 11:11:25 -0400
- To: email@example.com
When in Calc, be sure the date fields are actually defined as DATE type and YYYY-MM-DD format before copy/paste.
Hope this helps.
On 7/22/20 11:33 PM, zed wrote:
Using LibreOffice Base v6..4.2.2 on Linux Mint v20.0 Mate
I am trying to copy and paste a LibreOffice Calc file from that program to Base. Here is what I have done so far.
Calc - created spreadsheet
A = ID (Default format)
B = Name (Default format)
C = Location (Default format)
D = Date - First (Format as DD MMM YYYY)
E = Date - Last (Format as DD MMM YYYY)
Created a database named Reactors and created fields:
ID Interger [INTEGER]
Name Text [VARCHAR]
Location Text [VARCHAR]
Gender Text [VARCHAR]
No. Number [NUMERIC]
Date - First Date [DATE]
Date - Last Date [DATE]
Opened spreadsheet and highlighted columns (as listed above)
(as a test I chose only Rows 1-6)
Chose Copy and navigated to Database and clicked to Paste
From Menu presented, chose Append data (the default option)
clicked Next and unticked ID
clicked Create and following error message was displayed
Warning. Wrong data type:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.
Searched both Internet (in general) and LibreOffice website (in particular) but found nothing to help.
Obviously I am doing something wrong but I am unable to find the error.All help will be very welcome.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Copying data from Calc to Base...||zed <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Copying data from Calc to Base...
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] online conversion docx to odt, headless or not
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Copying data from Calc to Base...
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] online conversion docx to odt, headless or not