Re: [libreoffice-users] recovery problems

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 10:41:02 -0400
Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all, you should first open LibreOffice again. This time instead
> of clicking OK to file recovery, Click Cancel. There is something wrong
> with the last saved version of a document. When clicking Cancel, that
> version is deleted by LibreOffice. This may solve by itself. Otherwise
> you may need to close LibreOffice and then go to the configuration files
> found in /home/(your user name)/.config/libreoffice/4/. There you should
> find a folder named User. It contains all of the configurations files.
> Rename this folder this folder and restart LIbreOffice which will create
> a new User folder. At this point, you should use Tools > Options to
> change any of the configurations you had earlier set here since deleting
> the User folder also deleted them.
>
> Dan
>
> On 7/15/20 10:01, pete wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > having issues with libreoffice
> >
> > It was working fine type a letter in printed it out saved closed no
> > problem .
> >
> > Came to write another letter 2 weeks later it some up with the file recovery
> > dialoge click ok it goes away comes to the next recovery window filename
> > tell it to carry on it returns to the previous window . i have tried
> > uninstalling it "pacman -R libreoffice " then reinstalled still the same
> >
> > i need this to work i have a lot of thigs to sort out and it is making life
> > that was already difficult even harder
> >

> > running on Arch Linux
> > Version: 6.4.5.2
> > Build ID: 6.4.5-2
> > CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
> > Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
> > Calc: threaded
> >

> > Thanks Pete .

Hi Thanks

But i have already tried that several times when i try to open an existing
document i get a window open up saying libreoffice has crashed do you want to
recover the document it does NOT have a cancel button only an OK button .

This is what i get when started from an terminal .

libreoffice
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 472, resource id:
0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 1332, resource
id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2
QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 472, resource id:
0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 2141, resource
id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2
window == 0 passed.
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 2809, resource
id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2

Pete