On 2020-07-07 17:54, Philip Jackson wrote:
On 07/07/2020 00:52, John Kaufmann wrote:

On occasions when I want the Styles and Navigator visible concurrently (that is, if the Style
sidebar's own alternative Navigator function does not suffice), I leave Styles on the right sidebar
and put the Navigator on the left sidebar. When both panels are on the right, any changes in the
Styles control bar (say, from Styles to/from Page or Design or Properties), seems to cause shifting
in the panel width and position (width never returns to a prior setting). IOW, I think the culprit
is the Styles (F11) panel, not the Navigator (F5) panel.

Where do you like to leave the Navigator panel? Floating?

I like to have the Styles panel open full height on the right of the screen and use the little
arrow to collapse when not wanted. I activate the navigator by using the F5 key and I like it
docked full height next to the Styles sidebar. If I click to retract the Styles sidebar, the
Navigator may or may not stay full height on the right. It sometimes retracts with the Styles
sidebar and then when pulled out again, it has placed itself inside the Styles sidebar, limiting my
view of the styles.

It sounds like our preferences are pretty similar: I used to keep both panels on the right until
realizing that they don't dock well together. So it sounds like we're talking about the same
unstable behavior ... though I never saw this:

Just occasionally the Navigator 'decides' to sit full width across the bottom of the screen.

That said, the bottom line is:
Not a mega problem, though.

Yes. There are more functional issues to worry about.

John