Hi Michael,

your post is hard to understand. Please write, what you want to achieve with your macro.

Kind regards
Regina

Michael D. Setzer II schrieb am 05-Jul-20 um 00:30:
Been doing a lot of googling, but finding lots of stuff, but nothing that works?
Have done a lot of versions and this is the latest one.
The record process does not allow for the use of the F2 key, so as is, it
results in the original args1(0).Value being in the cell?
After the macro ends, I've found that if I manually press F2 then a space and
enter it puts the formula as I originally wanted? F2 and enter does nothing??
I've also found that if I manually do F2 F9 Enter Enter, it will place just the
final text result in cell.

Seems there use to be a Keypress option, that would allow for simulating
keys, but that has been deprecated?
Also, found pages that talk about API stuff to modify cells, but the two I tried
did nothing?

Am I missing something??

Note: In string I replaced the original "s with _ because it kept giving me
messages about unbalanced ()?? That got rid of the errors, and then just
converted them back?

Not and important macro, but was just hoping to find a way to make it work
the way I originally planned. Just playing around with stuff.

Thanks. Perhaps I am overlooking something very simple..

sub Z1
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem define variables
dim document   as object
dim dispatcher as object
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem get access to the document
document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
dim sText
sText = InputBox ("Please enter Date Cells Example D2,D1:")

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
dim args1(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args1(0).Name = "StringName"
args1(0).Value =
"=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(""=IF(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_y_),IF(DATEDIF(A2,
A1,_y_)=1,_1 Year _,DATEDIF(A2,A1,_y_)&_ Years
_),__)&IF(MOD(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_m_),12),IF(MOD(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_m_),1
2)=1,_1 Month _,MOD(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_m_),12)&_ Months
_),__)&IF(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_md_),IF(DATEDIF(A2,A1,_md_)=1,_1 Day
_,DATEDIF(A2,A1,_md_)&_ Days_),__)"",""A2,A1""," & chr$(34) & sText &
chr$(34) & "),""_"",CHAR(34))"

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:EnterString", "", 0, args1())

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:Copy", "", 0, Array())

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Cut contents of cell to avoid the overwrite message
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:Cut", "", 0, Array())

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
dim args2(5) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args2(0).Name = "Flags"
args2(0).Value = "SVD"
args2(1).Name = "FormulaCommand"
args2(1).Value = 0
args2(2).Name = "SkipEmptyCells"
args2(2).Value = false
args2(3).Name = "Transpose"
args2(3).Value = false
args2(4).Name = "AsLink"
args2(4).Value = false
args2(5).Name = "MoveMode"
args2(5).Value = 4

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:InsertContents", "", 0, args2())
msgbox ("To complete process,"+chr$(13)+" Formula Press F2 then Space
then Enter" + chr$(13)+"For Text Result Press F2 then F9 then Enter then
Enter")

end sub

  Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
  mailto:mikes@guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer