[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column
- From: John Kaufmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 22:14:09 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 2020-06-29 20:44, Brian Barker wrote:
At 16:11 29/06/2020 -0700, Mark Noname wrote:
.... Some [financial institutions] do the deposits as positive and the debits as negative, and others do the reverse. Is there an easy way to multiply an entire column by -1 so I can make them all fit a uniform convention?
o Enter -1 in a spare cell somewhere.
o Copy that value.
o Select the range of values to be negated.
o Go to Edit | Paste Special... (or Ctrl+Shift+V).
o In the Paste Special dialogue, under Operations, select Multiply.
Cute. I never knew about that, and now wonder when those Operations started.
Between this and Rémy Gauthier's suggestion to overcome a formatting issue with clever formatting, reading this thread has been rewarded by elegance.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column||MR ZenWiz <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column||Brian Barker <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Insert Date - Special Characters - Scanning
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Insert Date - Special Characters - Scanning
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Inverting a whole column