[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Great Look
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Great Look
- From: Manfred Nowak <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:28:13 +0000
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
On https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/ is stated "LibreOffice makes your work look great". But no measure for "Great Look" is defined. Therefore this claim may be doubted.
An example is enclosed. As one might recognize that example consists of a paragraph requiring at least two lines.
The not-so-great-look establishes itself, when the paragraph does not fit into two lines anymore, and therefore a third line is required; in addition the last words are very long and cannot be hyphened. This requires, that at least the second line will have additional space between its words, because the last words of the paragraph have to be moved into the third line.
But distributing that additional space over only the second line induces without visible reason, that the spaces between the words of the first line are not equal to the spaces between the words of the second line.
And equal spacing between words is a hallmark of great look, isn't it. At least TeX obeys this hallmark.
-- Nachrichten erreichen mich lediglich elektronisch oder durch persönliche Übergabe
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Great Look||Robert Funnell <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] RFC: Deleting automatically inserted hyphens
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Great Look
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] RFC: Deleting automatically inserted hyphens
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Great Look