Re: [libreoffice-users] Compatibility with markdown

On June 15, 2020 6:03:02 PM EDT, toki.kantoor@gmail.com wrote:
>On 2020/06/14 18:18, H wrote:
>> I have been running LibreOffice under CentOS 7 for several years and
>am a satisfied user. I would, however, very much like to have the
>ability to both import and export documents in the markdown-format,
>preferable the CommonMark flavor which also handles tables.
>> Are there any such plans?
>Somewhere on GitHub is a project that converts MarkDown to/from ODT. I
>did ask the developer if they would be willing to modify it, so that it
>could be used as a LibO extension. They declined, on the grounds that
>that feature would be outside the scope of their project.
>
>There used to be an extension that validated Markdown, when creating
>documents using that presentation markup language. It did _not_ convert
>MarkDown to/from ODT. I say used to be, because it calls something
>within LibO that appears to no longer exists.
>
>jonathon
>
>--

Thank you for investigating, I wish their answer would have been different, of course...

Were you thinking of https://github.com/abcBHM/MD2odt or perhaps of https://github.com/DjebbZ/markdown-to-odt? The latter seems to be one-way only though. Neither project has been updated for a while and it seems as if they can both be forked?