[libreoffice-users] Compatibility with markdown

I have been running LibreOffice under CentOS 7 for several years and am a satisfied user. I would, however, very much like to have the ability to both import and export documents in the markdown-format, preferable the CommonMark flavor which also handles tables.

When composing complex and/or long documents, I always use markdown formatting in a text editor since that allows me to focus on the content, not the layout which I don't touch until the document is nearly finished.

Having the ability to import a markdown document into LO  where LO uses the markdown formatting would be very valuable, as would the ability to export a LO document to markdown. Most of the LO formatting would of course be lost but that would not be the primary consideration in that scenario.

Are there any such plans?