[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Style-dependent variables?
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Style-dependent variables?
- From: John Kaufmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 01:06:25 -0400
- To: LibreOffice Users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm building a fairly complex document -- mostly in Writer, with one Calc and a number of Writer subdocuments, and using Base (for now) to manage tables that supply lists in the master document. There are a lot of alternative sections and conditional text, most controlled by a number of variables I defined and maintain in hidden fields in the master document. It works decently, but I see that some aspects could be simplified with system variables (if they exist) rather than user-defined variables.
Here is an example: Can text on a page be made dependent on the style (that is, presumably, the style name) of that page? If it is not a built in system variable, how might I query a style name (or even a style definition)?
A second problem at this stage of development is how to give someone else easy access to control/modify the variables in those hidden fields. I've looked at appropriate form controls but don't see how to link a control to a variable in the document. Can someone point me in the right direction for that?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Probem with LibreOffice 6.4.4 and Windows 10 2004
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Behavior that seems ... inconsistant.
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Probem with LibreOffice 6.4.4 and Windows 10 2004
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Behavior that seems ... inconsistant.