[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LO Styles organization
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO Styles organization
- From: John Kaufmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 17:28:17 -0400
- To: LibreOffice Users <email@example.com>
I'm trying to understand what is contained in LO styles [which I know changes according to style class (for Writer: Paragraph, Page, etc)]. To simplify this question, I have decided to:
(a) focus on a Page style (instead of the more complex Paragraph style) to understand the principles;
(b) limit the initial inquiry to the relationship between the attributes defined in the tabs of that style definition and the attributes summarized in the Organizer tab's "Contains" section.
For example, for a custom Page style "Booklet" (used for 7.5"x8" folded/stapled booklets), the Organizer tab lists:
8.5 inch + From top 0.5 inch, From bottom 0.5 inch + No header + No footer + No grid + Text direction left-to-
right (horizontal) + Page Description: Arabic, Portrait, All + Booklet + Not register-true
"Contains" uses "+" [rather than, say, \n] to separate attributes. [BTW: is there a better term than "attribute" to use here?]
In this case it lists 9 attributes (including the 2-part top/bottom margins attribute and the 3-part Page Description attribute):
- 2 (not all) attributes from the Page tab,
- 2 attributes from other tabs;
- 1 attribute defined in "Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer (or is it LibreOffice Writer/Web?) > Grid";
- 2 attributes (Text direction, Page Description) defined nowhere that I can find;
- 1 attribute (the style name: "Booklet") defined in the Organizer tab;
- 1 more attribute (Not register-true) defined in the Page tab.
With the background provided by that example, I ask these questions about the Organizer tab "Contains" section:
(1) What is the significance of this section? Does it have any formal significance or functional use?
(2) Why does it list attributes not defined in the style?
[Any further questions would be clarified by the answers to those questions.]
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Styles organization||Michael H <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Range names
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Styles organization
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Base Guide 6.2 Published!
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Styles organization