Den tors 23 apr. 2020 kl 06:08 skrev Musical Neptunian <
secretelf77@gmail.com>:

I  make Twitch emotes in GIMP. They cannot be more than 25 Mb or Twitch
rejects them. I found a tutorial somewhere that said that Libreoffice has a
png compression tool. But when I put my png into LibreOffice I got a whole
load of symbol junk. So instead I used a free online tool that reduced my
png from 30 Kb to 7 Kb with no quality change.

If 25 MB (file sizes are rarely measured in Mb, therefore I assume you
meant MB, if not MiB) is the upper limit, why do you need to compress a 30
kB (I assume you didn't actually mean Kb – Kelvin-bits) at all?

And yes, when you compress a PNG there's no quality change. PNG compression
is lossless, just like ZIP and similar. That's the reason PNG in general
are much bigger in file size than JPEG, for instance.

But could I have used
anything in Libreoffice to do this?

Using LibreOffice for images at all seems a little bit odd to me…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg