Hi Pat.
The way I do this is to insert 2 new columns, use a formula to put given
and family names in the 2 new columns.
When finished, copy the 2 new columns and Paste Special, text only, back
over the 2 columns. This overwrites the formulae with the names as text.
Delete the original column of given+family names.
Steve