Re: [libreoffice-users] Error invoking Help in Linux

El jue, 02-04-2020 a las 21:54 +0200, Valter Mura escribió:
> Hi All
>
> I get an error when invoking the help through the Help menu or F1, in
> Linux.
>
> This is the error:
> "Object not accessible.
> The object cannot be accessed
> due to insufficient user rights."
>
> The program is installed correctly, and also the help package(s).
>
> Another user told me that when he installed the "snap" package, the
> issue
> disappeared.
>
> Has anyone else experimented the same problem in a Linux environment?
>
> LibreOffice details:
> Version: 6.4.2.2
> Build ID: 1:6.4.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.3
> CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
> Locale: it-IT (it_IT.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
> Calc: threaded
> --
> My system:
> Operating System: KDE neon Testing Edition
> KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
> KDE Frameworks Version: 5.69.0
> Qt Version: 5.14.1
> Kernel Version: 5.3.0-46-generic
> OS Type: 64-bit
> --
>

> TIA
> Regards,
> --
> Valter

Hi Valter,

Mageia Cauldron working fine with 6.4.3.1 Gtk and did not note a
problem before these updates.

Have you reported this to Neon? This sounds like a packaging or
possible Plasma problem (having seen that Plasma just issued a minor
update). These files should be "owned" by root, so there should be no
problem. You can check ownership in the terminal with:

ls -lart /usr/lib64/libreoffice/help/

(The files are located there on my 64-bit system. Double check the
location on yours.)

Best,
Roy

--
Roy W. Reese, DipTransIoLET
Traductor español-inglés

Producido y enviado usando Linux y programas libres