At 09:18 07/04/2020 +0000, Nobody Noname wrote:
I've got some csv files to work with. They contain fields which are quite long, and opening them with LO results in very large columns, which are difficult to handle. Setting the column width by hand also has me enabling line wrapping to show the full cell content. I'm looking for a way to open those files by specifying my intended column width and by enabling line wrapping.

I think there is a workaround, which may or may not be helpful.

o Start a fresh spreadsheet.
o Adjust the column widths as desired.
o Format relevant cells to "Wrap text automatically".
o Save as a template.

To use:
o Open CSV fie normally.
o Select all (Edit | Select All, or Ctrl+A, or click the rectangle at top left where the row and column headers meet) or relevant cell range.
o Copy.
o Open new spreadsheet based on template.
o Click cell A1 or select all (as above).
o Paste, but using Edit | Paste Special (or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of normal Paste. In the Paste Special dialogue, ensure that Formats is *not* ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker