At 07:50 04/04/2020 -0400, Peter Dutton wrote:
Thanks- the "/" works perfectly.

Good-oh!

Nothing's easy in this world.

Many things are.

What has been created in the calc sheet is the day number of the year which is followed by the "/". In the cell beside the result is the remaining number of days in the year. Here's an example of what I'd like to see for this date (February 10, 2020)

In this case 325 is the remaining number of days in the year 2020 from the date Feb. 10. The cell in which the formula used to obtain the figure of 325 is-
=365-S4+1

"S4" is the cell where the day number of the year is located returned by the formula, as mentioned below-
=DATEDIF($Begin_Here.$E$76,R4,"d")" / "

I still don't think this is the clearest or best formula for what you need. (And you've lost the ampersand, though I suspect that's a "feature" of your mail system.)

What happens to the remaining days number in cell S4 the dreaded error - #VALUE! is returned. I suspect this has something to do with the formatting of the cell but can't figure it out.

It's nothing to do with formatting: it's to do with, er, values. It's hardly surprising, since - as I made clear - what you have now put in S4 is not the number 41 but the *string* "41 / ", and that is not a number. You cannot calculate with strings (unless they happen to represent numbers in a simple way). What do you expect if you try to divide "three" by "two"? "one point five"?!

Any ideas?

Yes. Take the concatenated slash off your formula so that it creates the number 41 in S4, as before. Then use
=S4&" / "&366-S4
for your result.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker