[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB
- From: bunk3m <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:01:54 -0400
- To: users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 18.03.2020 20:57, bunk3m wrote:
I thought I had gotten the data from a flat file (xlsx) into Base. I was trying to import and create a new database.
My work requires my data to be in the company OneDrive. When I try to open the connected flat file, I get errors that the file location or parameters are not OK. So all the work I did is lost. This is likely a bug but I don't have time to report this at the moment.
Apparently I incorrectly used: "File:Connect to an existing database" as that just appears to connect to the flat file but won't actually create a proper table in Base. While I can understand the use case for just accessing a flat table, I'd like to import not just connect.
There has to be an easy way to import the data without having to manually create a table and then import the csv file. What am I missing?
I'm just trying to get data into Base easily.
LO v22.214.171.124 on Win10 64B.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I should have added that I'm on digest so please reply to the list but also to me directly.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB||bunk3m <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Base created from xlsx file - move to proper DB