[libreoffice-users] LO 6.4.1 on macOS: (temporarily) no native file dialogs?

I today installed the latest LibreOffice 6.4.1 plus the German locale from libreoffice.org on my wife's MacBook Air running macOS Catalina (10.15).

She opened a document by double-clicking it – fine. Tried to say “save as” – the spinning rainbow wheel appears for ~2 seconds, but *no* file dialogue opens. Tried to “open” an other document – spinning wheel again, no dialogue.

I then changed the preferences to use the LibreOffice dialogues instead of the natives ones. Now all file operations worked again (but these dialogues are somewhat clumsy compared to the macOS native ones). Changed the preferences back to the native dialogues – same effect as above, no file dialogues, just the spinning wheel.

I then /restarted/ LibreOffice, changed the prefs to use the native dialogues – and they are working again!

Any idea what happened here? Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Albrecht.