[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph
- From: Keith Bates <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 06:59:15 +1100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, Brian. That is very good.
On 5/3/20 8:52 pm, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:28 05/03/2020 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:--
I have been using the voice typing feature in Google Chrome to write some documents, then download them in .odt format for editing.
I find that it consistently starts a new paragraph with a lower case first letter. So I need to find the first letter of every paragraph in the document and convert it to upper case.
I thought of using Find and Replace with Regular Expressions, which is easy. ^[:lower:] finds every lower case letter which is the first letter of a paragraph. But when I enter [:upper:] in the replace box it simply pastes the text [:upper:] . I have both the "match case" and "regular expressions" boxes ticked.
Is there a way to do this other than going through the document and replacing manually?
At 20:00 05/03/2020 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:
To answer my own question:
1. Use the Find and Replace box and Reg. Exp.. Click on "Find All".
2. Close "Find and Replace" dialog.
3. Right click on one of the highlighted letters. Format- Text- Upper case
Does this also work?
o Find: ^. (caret-dot)
o Replace: & (ampersand)
o Tick "Regular expressions". (No need for "Match case".)
o With the cursor in the Replace box, click Format... .
o On the Font Effects tab, for Effects select Capitals.
o Replace All.
*p: 02 67924890
s: 4 Mooloobar St
Narrabri, NSW 2390
e: email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
w: www.new-life.org.au <http://www.new-life.org.au>
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph||Keith Bates <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph||Keith Bates <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph||Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice office cloud version
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing the case of first letter of every paragraph