[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Libre Writer Help download + Margin adjustment
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Libre Writer Help download + Margin adjustment
- From: "Paul D. Mirowsky" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:59:46 -0500
- To: charles meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
Suggest you go to a more current stable version, 6.3.5.
Allow download to begin. On that page, click on "LibreOffice built-in help".
If that doesn't work, then, after downloading the package, use browser to go back to same page and click on the green link that says ":
* Help for offline use: *English (US)*
Do not use(Torrent <https://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/6.3.5/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_6.3.5_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_en-US.tar.gz.torrent>, Info <https://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/6.3.5/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_6.3.5_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_en-US.tar.gz.mirrorlist>) unless that is type of download you want.
On 3/1/20 2:37 PM, charles meyer wrote:
I hope this email fiend you well.
I downloaded the most recent version of Libre Office (.6.2. something ) running on Windows 10 Pro on a laptop.
I need to download the help file which works with Libre Writer.
Would you pls share the direct link to that download?
Also, I can't seem to find where you adjust margins in Writer.
Menu <Format><Page> and change Left/Right margins.
This is also the place for changing 'Orientation' from Landscape to Portrait.
It used to be under Edit or File>Page Layout.
I have "text" words in an Excel spreadsheet file. I copy and the paste them into a Libre Write new document but about 1/3 of those words goo off the page to the right so I can't read them.
Sorry, but I am not familiar with how Excel copies to Writer.
What I always do when copying from an uncommon format is clear it and use the software's format.
Highlight incorrectly formatted text, then Menu <Format><Clear Direct Formatting>
I don't know how to reach Landscape (from Portrait) to read the words/text better (like you can in Print) - is there a way to do that in Writer?
Thanks so much.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Assistance with electronic signature
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Assistance with electronic signature
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO Calc 6.3.5 Cell comment box
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO 6.4 -vs- 6.3 Margin Changes