[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Just an opinion
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Just an opinion
- From: John Kaufmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 00:37:23 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 2020-02-22 17:04, txemaclon wrote:
Libreoffice writer is a thousand times better than MS Word. But ... I
think Writer is too similar to Word, or at least too much inspired by
him, and so it is very difficult to be something really good. ...
Without disagreeing with either of your points, I think you need to realize that "better" is not adequate to guarantee use. (If it were, Word would not have displaced WordPerfect.) Enough people are sufficiently intimidated by these tools that they want little more than the comfort of relative familiarity. If LO sacrifices that (not to mention DOC/DOCX read and write), it will be difficult to get people to switch to something better. At least LO has not yet inflicted a ribbon on its users. Virtually every LO enhancement has to weigh the "compatibility" canard.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Just an opinion||txemaclon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Expandable brackets in writer document, formula maybe?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] problem sorting
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Just an opinion
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Just an opinion