[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] RE: Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] RE: Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions
- From: Michael H <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:16:17 -0600
- To: charles meyer <email@example.com>
- Cc: LibreOffice Användare <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Have you tried running LibreOffice as a portable app? I'm not sure if this
will help or not, but it might exclude a few problems. Portable apps don't
'install' and are a little less dependant on the system settings.
If the portable app does work, you might try these steps to fix your issue:
1. uninstall the installed version of LibreOffice
2. create another user account on your laptop
3. Install LibreOffice STABLE (not the FRESH version) while logged into the
second user account.
Hope this helps!
On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 4:01 PM charles meyer <email@example.com>
> I've been encouraged to post here re: my hardware travails!
> Here goes...
> I booted up my older Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 which for years had
> been working fine.
> Then, one day I booted up and got these vertical color bands where you
> couldn't see anything else bu the bands.
> I then re-booted and opened Word 2003 (as Libre Office take a longer time
> to open and the laptop would just shut Word
> down, then when I re-booted it would shut the laptop down while I was
> writing in Word.
> Then, I tried opening Libre Writer and it just froze – never opened so
> I had to press the power button to re-boot.
> I moved the laptop power adapter from the power strip to the UPS then
> moved the laptop so it’s connected directly into a wall outlet in
> another room. Still no good. I then powered the laptop in an outlet in
> the top outlet (not the bottom one even though the last testing showed
> the outlet (top/bottom)were both fine.
> I then brought the laptop to work and got the same results when trying to
> run it.
> Someone said I might have to delete all my video drivers and r-install
> I have no idea where to find those drivers on my laptop, nor which ones to
> delete nor where I would find the correct replacement video drivers nor if
> that's even a correct solution.
> I've got 3 GB Ram running.
> It's a nice 17" screen so I don't want to toss the laptop and it ran for 3+
> hours at a friend's work space - with 4 programs open at the same time -
> Publisher, GIMP, the Brave browser running a YouTube video and another
> program to test the laptop and it all worked fine.
> Thanks for your thoughts/ suggestions.
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] RE: Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions||charles meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] RE: Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Impress Remote
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] RE: Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 6.4.3