[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Capital letters in dates (in calc)
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Capital letters in dates (in calc)
- From: Remy Gauthier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:59:13 -0500
- To: TheJoe <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not know how to achieve what you are looking for directly.
However, you can use something like this, supposing you want to display
the date of January 21, 2020:
Content of call A1: =DATE(2020;1;21) - cell format is "NNNNJ MMMM
AAAA"Content of cell B1: =SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(A1;"NNNNJ MMMM
AAAA");REGEX(TEXT(A1;"NNNNJ MMMM AAAA");"[a-
z]");UPPER(REGEX(TEXT(A1;"NNNNJ MMMM AAAA");"[a-z]"));1)Content of cell
C1: =SUBSTITUTE(B1;REGEX(B1;" [a-z]");UPPER(REGEX(B1;" [a-z]"));1)
The example above uses English function names but I normally use the
French localization. In my version (6.3), this is what comes out:
Display of A1: mardi 21 janvier 2020Display of B1: Mardi 21 janvier
2020Display of C1: Mardi 21 Janvier 2020
Just make sure the second SUBSTITUTE (cell C1) has the two REGEX
looking for "space[a-z]" and not just "[a-z]". The downside of this
approach is you need to use two additional columns (you can hide them),
or make a complicated formula that merges what I have in B1 and C1.
I hope this helps.
Le mercredi 22 janvier 2020 à 14:23 -0700, TheJoe a écrit :
> Hi,I have a small issue that i could not solve. First of all i'm
> sorry for mybad English... i'm Italian.
> I'm using LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 with Italian localization.
> I'm trying to format a date in Calc... What i'm getting right now
> is:lunedì 2 settembre 2024
> I would like instead to have every word starting with a capitali
> letter:Lunedì 2 Settembre 2024
> Also "Format" - "Text" - "CAPITALS" doesn't work.
> The thing i don't want to do is reformat the cell to text (it must be
> Do you think it's possible?
> --Sent from:
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Capital letters in dates (in calc)||TheJoe <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Capital letters in dates (in calc)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Capital letters in dates (in calc)
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Using Libre Writer - with hardware questions