[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] impress - slide transitions not working
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] impress - slide transitions not working
- From: Mike Scott <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 09:08:33 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm having a bit of trouble with some slide transitions.
I've got 3 computers that all behave differently. They all run linux mint, with varying versions of LO installed.
When fed the exact same slide show, with my chosen "dissolve" or "fine dissolve" I find that:
1. on my 64-bit desktop machine (LO 22.214.171.124 mint 18.3) the transition does the dissolve, but with a nasty flicker to a white screen. Other transitions are jerky. nvidia graphics
2. On my 32-bit lappy (LO version not to hand, but still mint 18.3) all works perfectly (intel graphics)
3. On a second 64-bit, freshly installed machine (LO 126.96.36.199/mint 19.2), the "fade" transition is simply a sharp cut. Intel graphics of some sort. Some transitions do work, eg dissolve, push; some fail, eg fade, iris, cube)
I'd originally put #1 down to the driver, but it's as bad with either nvidia's X driver, or nouveau. #3 is bad, as this was to be my backup machine for a presentation next weekend, in case the (elderly) laptop failed.
I'm going to try to downgrade the LO6 to see if that helps, but meanwhile, any thoughts please?
(BTW the other working transitions aren't really appropriate for the particular environment. Otherwise they'd be a workround.)
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England
"The only way is Brexit" -- anon.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] impress - slide transitions not working||Mike Scott <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice Calc - Date - increase number times...
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Libre base report writer
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO Base: Boolean Report values
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] impress - slide transitions not working