Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice Calc - Date - increase number times...

Den tors 12 dec. 2019 kl 05:38 skrev zed <zed@zed.net.nz>:

> Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > At 17:49 11/12/2019 +1300, David Noname wrote:
> > > I have a spreadsheet in Calc ... It has Columns ... B - No, formatted
> > > number general ...
> > >
> > > Is there a formula that I can enter in Column B which will increase
> > > incrementally increase the figure by 1, please?
> >
> > I think you are saying that you want values in column B to be one greater
> > than they are. That's a contradiction. If the value in Bn is four, you
> > want it to be five. But that means it's no longer four. And if it's now
> > five, how would any formula know you do not want it to be six? And so on?
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply, Brian. It is much appreciated
>
> Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough.
>
> In simple terms, I want to know whether there is any way that when I enter
> new date in Column D it will automaticall increase the current value in
> Column B by 1. I cannot think of a solution - but then I only use Calc for
> simple things - but was hoping that there is a solution. If there isn't, I
> will just have to try and remember to manually increase the value of Column
> B every time I enter a new date in Column D.

Can you explain it again, but this time also mention rows?
Do you mean that a certain cell in column B, say B1, should increase its
value when you enter a new date in a previously empty cell in column D? Is
that cell always direclty below the last used row?

Do you mean that when you enter a date in the D column, the cell at the
same row in column B should be the cell above it + 1?