Apologies for following up my own post and for top-posting.

I've been struggling with this and the lack of response. I've now found it's a long-standing problem, back to 2014/2015 and the early 5.x versions. 4.x seems to have been OK. It seems poor that the dev's haven't addressed what is clearly, for some, a long-standing show-stopper regression :-{

I have found that 6.0.x on my 32 bit laptop works fine. I'm wondering if it's a specific 64-bit issue.

Does anyone have a fix that I've missed please?