Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice Calc - Date - increase number times...

Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:

> At 17:49 11/12/2019 +1300, David Noname wrote:
> > I have a spreadsheet in Calc ... It has Columns ... B - No, formatted
> > number general ...
> >
> > Is there a formula that I can enter in Column B which will increase
> > incrementally increase the figure by 1, please?
>
> I think you are saying that you want values in column B to be one greater
> than they are. That's a contradiction. If the value in Bn is four, you
> want it to be five. But that means it's no longer four. And if it's now
> five, how would any formula know you do not want it to be six? And so on?

Thank you for your prompt reply, Brian. It is much appreciated

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

In simple terms, I want to know whether there is any way that when I enter a
new date in Column D it will automaticall increase the current value in
Column B by 1. I cannot think of a solution - but then I only use Calc for
simple things - but was hoping that there is a solution. If there isn't, I
will just have to try and remember to manually increase the value of Column
B every time I enter a new date in Column D.

David
--
Zed
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your