[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Transparency issue saving to .doc/docx
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Transparency issue saving to .doc/docx
- From: Tim-L <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:55:22 -0500
- To: LibreO - Users Global <email@example.com>
I received a DOCX file to fix it up for someone.
The problem is it gets up when I save it back to DOCX or DOC. I have 2 transparent background images that overlap each other to solve a visual need. The problem is half the time the images lose their transparent backgrounds and cover up the underlying text.
At this point, I can send the guy a PDF file instead of a MS file. His office does not have the newer MS Office that can read .odt [even badly].
ALSO, if we can solve this, what do I need to do to embed the font[s] into the edible document[s]?
I had to use a narrow font to include all the information needed/wanted instead of the included "Calibri" font. I used "Liberation San Narrow". He is not allowed to install any fonts on his side. I do not know what, if any, narrow fonts he has access to. On my end, I just used what narrow font allowed all of the text to fit and still look good for the event flier. I have, sometimes, too many fonts to decide on, on my side of the editing. I have over 400 .ttf and .otf files in my .font folder. I have thousands to choose from in my collection.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Transparency issue saving to .doc/docx||Michael H <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] confused about hidden cells
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Transparency issue saving to .doc/docx
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] confused about hidden cells
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Transparency issue saving to .doc/docx