Re: [libreoffice-users] What works in one file not in other help please.

On 25/10/2019 20:12, Budge wrote:
> I am trying to do a VLOOKUP to fill in data from one sheet into another.
>
> This works between existing related files which are from previous
> month's quarter but not for my new data for this quarter. Other than
> actual entries the files are the same.
>
> Is there a switch I have turned off perhaps. I recall trying to stop
> something a while ago. This is the entry I am trying to make work:-
>
> =VLOOKUP(B2,'file:///L:/Customer_Names_by_Ref/Sorted_Customer_8_Character_Names_in_Sage_by_SuperControl_&_LH_Ref_to_Jun_2019.ods'#$Sheet1.$A$2:$B$2039,2,0)
>
> When I enter the same expression but with the more recent data file
> (...to_Sep_2019.ods) I get #Ref for each entry.
> Back with the dunces once more!!!
> Budge

I have it now. For unknown reason when working on my file there was no
warning about updating external links. The next day, having closed
everying last night, now when I opened my file there was a warning and
once turned on, hey ho it works!