[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [libreoffice-users] Bug selecting text using the API

Thanks for testing. We now have three instances where this fails.

If you still want the document I can send it, but, I think that the list strips attachments I would need to send it to you directly

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Oct 20, 2019, 11:00 PM, at 11:00 PM, Mauricio Baeza <public@elmau.net> wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:07:26 -0400, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
><andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:
>> Tested using LO on Fedora Linux.
>> I wanted to find all instances of Italic text using the API and
>> that text. I created a simple document with four areas that were
>> I used the following macro and, although FindAll does return all
>> text, it only selects the last three instances and not the first one.
>> My example had two instances in normal text and two instances in a
>> table.
>> If I have more than once instance, it ignores the first. If I have
>> one instance of Italic text, it will select the text.
>> Sub FindItalic_all
>>   Dim oDescriptor  'The search descriptor
>>   Dim oFound       'The found range
>>   Dim SrchAttributes(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
>>   SrchAttributes(0).Name = "CharPosture"
>>   SrchAttributes(0).Value =  com.sun.star.awt.FontSlant.ITALIC
>> '  SrchAttributes(0).Name = "CharFontName"
>> '  SrchAttributes(0).Value =  "Comic Sans MS"
>>   oDescriptor = ThisComponent.createSearchDescriptor()
>>   oDescriptor.SetSearchAttributes(SrchAttributes)
>>   oFound = ThisComponent.findAll(oDescriptor)
>> '  Dim i As Integer
>> '  for i = 0 To oFound.Count - 1
>> '    Print oFound.getByIndex(i).getString(i)
>> '  Next
>>   Thiscomponent.getCurrentController.select(oFound)
>> End Sub
>I confirm the same bug, with Python:
> from com.sun.star.beans import PropertyValue
> from com.sun.star.awt.FontSlant import ITALIC
> doc = XSCRIPTCONTEXT.getDocument()
> opt = (PropertyValue(Name='CharPosture', Value=ITALIC),)
> descriptor = doc.createSearchDescriptor()
> descriptor.setSearchAttributes(opt)
> found = doc.findAll(descriptor)
> doc.CurrentController.select(found)
>Always select len(found) - 1
>I search if bug is reported, but not found any.
>Best regards
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: users+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
>Posting guidelines + more:
>List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
>Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

To unsubscribe e-mail to: users+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Re: [libreoffice-users] Bug selecting text using the API"Mauricio Baeza" <public@elmau.net>
Re: [libreoffice-users] Bug selecting text using the API"Mauricio Baeza" <public@elmau.net>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.