On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:07:26 -0400, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

Tested using LO 6.2.0.3 on Fedora Linux.

I wanted to find all instances of Italic text using the API and select
that text. I created a simple document with four areas that were Italic.
I used the following macro and, although FindAll does return all italic
text, it only selects the last three instances and not the first one.

My example had two instances in normal text and two instances in a text
table.

If I have more than once instance, it ignores the first. If I have ONLY
one instance of Italic text, it will select the text.

Sub FindItalic_all
   Dim oDescriptor  'The search descriptor
   Dim oFound       'The found range
   Dim SrchAttributes(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue

   SrchAttributes(0).Name = "CharPosture"
   SrchAttributes(0).Value =  com.sun.star.awt.FontSlant.ITALIC
'  SrchAttributes(0).Name = "CharFontName"
'  SrchAttributes(0).Value =  "Comic Sans MS"

   oDescriptor = ThisComponent.createSearchDescriptor()
   oDescriptor.SetSearchAttributes(SrchAttributes)

   oFound = ThisComponent.findAll(oDescriptor)

'  Dim i As Integer
'  for i = 0 To oFound.Count - 1
'    Print oFound.getByIndex(i).getString(i)
'  Next
   Thiscomponent.getCurrentController.select(oFound)
End Sub

I confirm the same bug, with Python:

    from com.sun.star.beans import PropertyValue
    from com.sun.star.awt.FontSlant import ITALIC

    doc = XSCRIPTCONTEXT.getDocument()

    opt = (PropertyValue(Name='CharPosture', Value=ITALIC),)
    descriptor = doc.createSearchDescriptor()
    descriptor.setSearchAttributes(opt)

    found = doc.findAll(descriptor)
    doc.CurrentController.select(found)

Always select len(found) - 1

I search if bug is reported, but not found any.

Best regards