Re: [libreoffice-users] Resize object symmetrically?

Den tors 12 sep. 2019 kl 18:35 skrev Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com>:

> Strange, when I create a square image, I can shift+drag to resize the
> image symmetrically. This is using 6.3.1.2. In my case, I released the
> mouse button *before* shift. I did this with a corner and both sides
> (top and bottom). The order of which (shift, mouse) is released does
> matter when using anyone of the sides. It does not matter when using the
> corner. Release shift before the mouse produces a rectangle. Releasing
> the mouse first produces a larger square.
>
> Dan

Okay, so now I tested this with 6.2.6.2. Here are my results:
*Corner*
Releasing Shift first: *Square*
Releasing mouse button first: *Rectangle*
*Side*
Releasing Shift first: *Rectangle *
Releasing mouse button first: *Rectangle *

So it's at least possible to drag and release to a square, but the result
is NOT the same as the pre-drawn square that you see while moving the mouse.
I think this feature needs a little more work. It's not a perfect "what you
see is what you get", as far as I'm concerned. Why the pre-drawing if the
result is going to be something else anyway?

Johnny Rosenberg